- CD-DA and BWF (stereo poly-file) recording
- Up to 24bit/96kHz resolution
- Analogue and Digital I/O
- Instant Play, Program Play and Cue Points
- Digital Scrub
CR500 CD-R/RW Master Recorder
Not only will the new Fostex CR500 professionally master stereo recordings to CD-R/RW, it also offers the world’s first direct Broadcast WAV recording to a UDF formatted disc at up to 24bit/96kHz resolution.
This means, among other things, easy transport to Pro Tools® and other computer-based professional editing environments without audio ripping*.
And as a ‘pro’ mastering machine you get balanced XLR connections, easy track naming via a USB keyboard, LED meters. Plus instant play, fader start, 10 memory points / program play memories per disc and more.
CD-mastering, live recording, BWF file creation, stage, event and broadcast playback. - The new Fostex CR500.
Equipped with 24bit quality at up to 96kHz and high precision laser technology you would expect the CR500 to deliver excellent quality recordings, and you would be right. Recording to standard recordable data CDs from a variety of analog and digital inputs, the CR500 generates discs of exceptional accuracy and integrity.
But that’s not the whole story, because the CR500 is the world’s first professional machine to offer direct BWF (Broadcasting WAV format) recording/generation to UDF formatted CD-R/RWs at up to 24bit/96kHz resolution.
And this is a big deal, as these discs can be recognised by PC editing systems directly (available on Windows XP only). No more time-wasting with real-time audio ripping, just simple ‘cut & paste’. In addition, you get multi-record settings (16bit/44.1kHz and 48kHz plus 24bit/44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz), easy track naming and simple transport controls via an ‘off the shelf’ USB keyboard and the kind of attention to detail you would expect from a professional master recorder designed by Fostex.
Flexible and Feature-Rich Playback
The CR500 is also perfectly equipped for today’s professional playback environments. Equally at home in the conference centre, theatre, stadium or broadcast studio, it bristles with thoughtful features. For example, you can program 10 memory points per disc with a 100 discmemory, there’s instant play for event applications, fader start for broadcast use, power-on play for installations and a flexible array of balanced and unbalanced digital and analog outputs.
|RECORDABLE TIME (700MB CD-R/RW disc)|
|FORMAT (kHz/bit)||REC. TIME||MAX TRACK NO.|
|CD-DA (44.1/16)||79 min.||99 tracks|
|BWF (44.1/16)||66 min.||97 tracks|
|BWF (44.1/24)||44 min.||97 tracks|
|BWF (48/16)||61 min.||97 tracks|
|BWF (48/24)||40 min.||97 tracks|
|BWF (88.2/24)||22 min.||97 tracks|
|BWF (96/24)||20 min.||97 tracks|
|*actual recording time may vary depending on dics|
CR500 Recording Features
- CD-DA and BWF (stereo poly-file) recording: World’s first BWF recording to UDF formatted discs
- Up to 24bit/96kHz resolution:16bit/44.1kHz 48kHz, 24bit/44.1, 48 and 88.2kHz also available
- BWF files compatible with PC workstations: Easy data transfer via simple ‘cut & paste’ instead of time-consuming real-time audio ripping
- Digital I/O: AES/EBU and S/P DIF digital inputs and outputs
- Analogue I/O: Balanced XLR and RCA inputs and outputs
- Front mounted USB port: For connection of standard PC USB keyboard for file easy name editing and simple transport controls
CR500 Playback Features
- Fader Start: For playback applications in a broadcast environment
- Instant Play, Program Play and Cue Points: Program Play with up to 99 songs per disc, 10 memory points per disc and Instant Play make the CR500 ideal for Event and Installation playback applications
- Digital Scrub: Digital scrubbing with waveform screen in 10 msec. step using the MENU dial.