- Ideal for live sound recording or studio use
- 24 balanced TRS jacks for all analog I/Os
- 6 recording formats
- 24 bit resolution
- 96 kHz frequency
- CF card slot on the second bay for handy backup
D2424LV Mk2 24 Track Digital Multitrack
D2424LVmk2 is a perfect successor to the reputed D2424 offering new solution to transfer the recorded data to computer with no stress. D2424LVmk2 now has built-in CF card slot on the second bay to backup the recorded program on the HD to FAT-formatted CF card in WAV format.
24 TRACKS, 24 BALANCED I/Os
No matter what the performance is, rock, theatrical, jazz, or worship, you need inputs. So for maximum flexibility, each of the D2424LVmk2’s 24 digital recording tracks has it’s own analog input and output on TRS jack. These I/Os can be set to function as +4dBu balanced or -10dBV unbalanced ensuring maxi-mum connectivity with consoles and effects.
In addition to the analog I/OS there are three ADAT™ Digital Interfaces (24 ADAT I/Os in total) for con-nection to the new breed of digital consoles.
AWESOME AUDIO QUALITY
Employing the latest 24bit A/D’s and D/As, the D2424LV’s high-definition recording engine offers sonically pure, no-compromise non-compressed multitrack recording in one of six audio formats, including the new 24bit / 96kHz and 24bit / 88.2kHz standards. All under the control of FDMS-3, Fostex’s intelligent disk management software.
INCREDIBLE EASE OF USE
The performance is about to start and the last thing you need is a machine which is difficult to use.
Don‘t worry, as thanks to the clear and concise interface which enables intuitive access to the facilities on offer, the D2424LV is incredibly easy to get to grips with.
The front-panel remote control, for example, can be located up to 10 metres from the recorder (with optional Model 8551B x 2 fitted), while individual tracks can be named and exchanged with ease.
Usability is enhanced futher still, with the ‘All Input’ and ‘All Ready’ functions which allow you to check all input signals and make all tracks ready with single button pushes.
Location facilities incorporate Recall Locate to the 99 locate memories using the jog/shuttle wheel and Prev/Next Locate by simply pressing the Prev/Next key.
Other ‘studio’ features include a Mark/Stop function which allows the D2424LV to stop automatically at a preset Mark point, Program Chain Play which allows for a compilation of programs to be played back in a certain order, and footswitch control for start/stop as well as punch in/out functions.
Backing up recordings can be to the built-in CF card slot, DAT, ADAT, or to an optional secondary internal hard drive.
SOPHISTICATED AUDIO EDITING
The editing features available are superb, completely non-linear and aided by a graphical audio preview. Full Copy/Move & Paste is achievable across tracks or song programs. The UNDO function is worthy of a special mention as the number of UNDOs available is only limited by the disk space available.
If you wish to take audio editing and processing further, you can export and import designated tracks, parts of tracks or complete sons as .WAV files to a FAT32 formatted CF card. Editing, processing and sound file conversion can therefore be accomplished on a PC using proprietary audio editing tools.
Plus there is the choice of three time bases (ABS, MTC & bar/beat/clock), up to 64 tempo and signature changes per song, and a ‘virtual timecode track’ (all recording tracks are free for audio).
Word I/O is standard keeping multiple-linked digital devices ‘in sync’ while RS422 support is also offered for remote control. Interface options can be further enhanced via a range of dealer / distributor fit optional timecode & Ethernet cards. Model 8346 timecode card chases and locks to incoming LTC with the option of referencing to Video or Word clock. In addition it offers compatibility, in conjunction with RS422, with video editors and other professional tools.
- Record 24 tracks simultaneously - ideal for live performance recording
- 24 TRS balanced jacks for all analog I/Os. Balanced/unbalanced selectable (ref. level: 12dB/-20dB)
- 56 track digital recording with no compression (24 tracks plus 32 additional 'ghost tracks'/ 8 tracks plus 48 additional tracks for 24bit/96k)
- 6 recording formats: 24bit / 96kHz, 24bit / 88.2kHz, 16bit / 44.1kHz, 16bit / 48kHz, 24bit / 44.1kHz, & 24bit / 48kHz)
- 128 times oversampling delta-sigma 24bit AD/DA
- ADAT I/O (S/P DIF switchable)
- Program Chain Play mode
- Twin drive bays. Secondary bay comes with CF card slot already fitted on the D2424LV MK2
- Export & import .WAV song files
- Level envelope display aids easy audio with undo & redo
- Non-destructive 99-time Copy/Paste & Move/Paste editing across programs (songs)
- Virtual timecode track function
- Unlimited chronological editing UNDOs (dependent disc space)
- 6 point edit memory & 99 locate point memory
- MTC/MMC & FEX implemented for external MIDI control
- Multiple tempo and signature changes per song
- Word I/O
- MIDI clock with song position pointer
- Handy ‘All Input’ & ‘All Ready’ feature
- RS-422 remote connector
- Virtal Timecode Track
- The "Virtual Timecode Track" feature allows recording of timecode from internal or external sources to a ‘virtual timecode track’ keeping all tracks free for audio.
ADAT Interface - 24-track simultaneous recording & data archive
The ADAT™ Digital Interface is present on machine. This can be used for importing and exporting of ADAT compatible material, archiving sessions to the ADAT format and for interfacing to the new breed of digital mixing consoles. By recording using the ADAT interface the number of simultaneous recording tracks available is maximised to 24.
Hard drives can be specially formatted to enable the Multiple Undo feature. When formatted in this way, all recording takes are given a unique time ‘stamp’ by the internal clock and saved to a separate part of the drive, (the number of takes is only dependent by the disk space available). By using the Multiple Undo function you can ‘jump’ back to any previous take with a simple button push.