- Digital connection to iPhone via supplied cable
- 2 x Mic/Line inputs for connecting the supplied condenser microphones (or connect 3rd party mics)
- Headphones Out for monitoring input and output signals
- 1 x Stereo Line Out for DSLR camera audio recording
- USB Out for PC audio recording
- Comes with a newly designed holder (accommodates ‘jacketed’ iPhone) plus an aluminum hand grip
- The dedicated iOS App offers Limiter, LCF, ATT as well as custom settings
AR101 Audio Retriever
Compact, lightweight, yet tough and built to exacting standards, the AR101 audio interface is
compatible with Apple's iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5* as well as DSLR camera and PC. It offers
stereo Mic/Line I/Os and a Headphone Out, plus a rotary encoder for level and pan controls.
*requires Apple's genuine Lightning-30pin adapter
Operation confirmed products
iOS: iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 / iPod touch (4G) / iPad (3G) / iPad 2 / iPhone 5* / iPod touch (5G)*
*Requires Apple's genuine Lightning-30pin adapter which is not included in the AR101 package.
AR101 meets PHOCUS
Fostex AR101 is an ideal recorder to work with PHOCUS, the most popular iPhone lens gear from SmartPhocus, previously known as OWLE. You can get a great video with great sound. Visit their website for details. http://smartphocus.com
- Improves the audio quality of iOS devices using the supplied USB-30Pin dock cable.
- Also works with iPhone 5 and iPod Touch (5G) using the Apple genuine Lightning-30Pin adapter.
- Also works as an audio interface for PC by connecting with an off-the-shelf mini USB – USB A Type cable.
- Both Input 1 and 2 are stereo Line/Mic, i.e. maximum 4 channels can be fed.
- 2 x Plug-in power condenser microphones come with the package. Off-the-shelf plug-in power type microphones can be used too.
- The rotary encoder and the LED level meter for easy setting of various parameters including Input level of each channel, PAN, Headphone Out etc.
- A dedicated AR101 APP can be downloaded from iTune Store to control Pan, Low Cut, Limiter, Output Level.
- Headphone Monitor Out to monitor the input and playback signal.
- Analog Out (Line-Mic selectable) to output input or playback signal, or mixed.
- No battery required, being powered from the connected iOS device via USB.
- When feeding power via micro USB, the AR101 also feeds power to the connected iOS de-vice.
- The chassis has a shoe rail on which various Camera rigs can be mounted.
- Comes with a device holder that can be used either in landscape (horizontally) or portrait (vertically). It has screw holes on the horizontal and vertical sides for the supplied hand grip or off-the-shelf tri-pod etc.
- A pair of Inner-earphones is also included in the package.
- iOS: iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 / iPod touch (4G) / iPad (3G) / iPad 2 *By using Apple Lightning-30pin adapter, AR101 works with iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5G). The adapter is not included in the AR101 package.
- PC: Windows XP or later / MacOS X10.6 or later
Download The APP
Click here to download the AR101 setup utility APP for the Apple APP store. - or scan the QR code. The APP enables you to edit various parameters on the AR101.
Connector: 3.5mm dia stereo mini x 2
Input signal: Line / Mic
Gain: -12 to 159.5dB
Plug-in Power: approx. 2.5V (always)
Level Meter LED: 11 dots
Connector: 3.5mm dia stereo mini
Load Impedance: 16 ohm or more
Maximum Output Level: 15mW (32 ohm load, THD less than 0.1%)
Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/-30dB (Line In – St Out / 15mW / 32 ohm load)
Noise Level: less than -93dBV (Mic – St Out / Input Gain Max)
Dimensions: 83mm (W) x 31mm (H) x 33mm (D) (w/o mics, holder & grip)
Weight: approx. 60g (w/o mics, holder & grip)
Power Consumption: 200mW